Testimonials from parents demonstrate the high regard they have for the staff, describing them as ‘friendly, approachable and caring’.
In addition to our qualified staff, we also welcome and encourage parents to participate in sessions.
- Research shows that children learn better when their parents are involved. Parents get the opportunity to take part and see the pre-school session in action and children get to see their parents/ carers in a new role!
- Children learn best when they feel happy and secure. We aim to make their first steps into education an enjoyable experience, so please visit us with your child, at least once, before they join the group. It may take several sessions before your child is happy to be parted from you. Please feel free to stay with your child as long as you wish.
Our school administration is carried out by an elected committee of volunteer parents, who hold regular, informal meetings to discuss the running of the group and fundraising events.
- Ensures that major decision making is in the hands of parents who use the group
- Reviews both our policies and our everyday practices
- Oversees employment and appraisal of members of staff
Parents are encouraged to join the committee and attend our regular meetings, held every 6-8 weeks. Our AGM usually takes place in November.
Bramfield Stepping Stones Pre-school is a registered charity (Charity No. 1109971) and a member of the Pre-school Learning Alliance (PLA). Thanks to our charitable status, we can raise money in a number of ways.
Help us through your ordinary shopping
- We collect Box Tops vouchers from Nestlé cereals
- Donate to us at no cost to yourself by shopping through our online shopping portal – why not try it the next time you shop online? Without spending anything extra, you will benefit our pre-school!
Our fundraising events
We raise funds for our pre-school in a variety of ways, such as:
- Easter Bonnet competition in partnership with the Halesworth branch of the Ipswich Building Society
- A bag pack at our local Co-operative store
- A sponsored North sea plunge in February by two intrepid parents!
- Stalls at the Bramfield School summer fête, and Bramfield Village Hall spring and winter fairs
- Seasonal quiz nights and raffles (held regularly)
We also raise money ourselves for other causes, such as Comic Relief (Red Nose Day), Children in Need, and Wateraid (by sponsored walk in conjunction with Bramfield Primary and Castle Meadow).
Many thanks to all our kind fundraisers and sponsors!
Our pre-school has been awarded generous donations from all of the following, among many others:
- Heveningham Hall Country Fair (for whom we organised the children’s races and provided a nature corner, in conjunction with Bramfield Primary)
- Dee’s Den Charity Shop, Steeple End, Halesworth
- The Halesworth Lions
- The East of England Co-operative
- Suffolk Community Foundation
- Suffolk ACRE, now part of Community Action Suffolk